5 Tips for a Great Restaurant Website
Before you begin hammering out your restaurant's website design...stop and take a moment to really think about your audience. Such as, what brand image do you want to express, what content is going to be most useful to the visitors of your website, and what are going to be your key website design elements?
A restaurant's website should be an extension of the your restaurant's dining experience. It should quickly create an impression to your visitor about the type of experience they can expect when dining at your location.
So again, before diving into a website design, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Know your audience. Build your website to attract more of the same.
- Keep it clean. Most visitors will be visiting your website via a mobile device, so make sure your site translates well and it's intuitive for the user.
- Color & Text. Color and font use says a lot about your brand. What colors and fonts compliment your dining experience. Don't use too many - stick with 3 or 4 colors and 2 to 3 fonts - max.
- Make it easy to connect. Make sure your phone number and address is prominently displayed on your website. Consider registering with a reservation system, i.e. Opentable.
- Imagery. Use big bold pictures to create an impact.